- Opportunity NOW is a coordinated initiative providing young people in Metro Davidson County access to employment.
- Launched by Mayor Megan Barry and supported by the Metro Council, this initiative is designed to combat the growing employer concern about lack of “soft” skills among their youngest employees – skills most learned through actual work experience.
Facts About Opportunity NOW:
- Any young person 14-24 can search and apply for jobs on Opportunity NOW
- Metro jobs for 14-15 year olds are called “Experience Work” and pay $8/hr
- Application period closes April 17th
- Metro jobs for 16-17 year olds are called “High School Internships” and pay $9/hr
- Application period closes April 7th
- Metro jobs for May 2017 high school graduates are called “Summer Plus” and pay is market rate
- Application period closes May 8th
Check out these upcoming onboarding events for more information:
- April 3, 2:30-7:30 p.m.
- Thompson Lane Library, 380 Thompson Lane, Nashville, TN 37211
- April 4, 3-7 p.m.
- Watkins Park Library, 612 17th Ave. N., Nashville, TN 37203
- April 5, 3-7 p.m.
- Madison Library, 610 Gallatin Pike S., Madison, TN 37115
- April 6, 2:30-8 p.m.
- Southeast Community Center, 5260 Hickory Hollow Parkway, Suite 202, Antioch, TN 37013
Click here to access the Opportunity NOW portal.