School choice at your fingertips: 2016-2017 Optional Schools Application period opens Monday, November 2
At Metro Schools, there is a school for EVERY family in our district, no matter what children want to learn, how they want to learn, where they want to learn or when. There is a choice for everyone, and with one application, the vast array of school choices are at your fingertips.
Beginning Monday, November 2, you can complete the Optional Schools Application online and on paper. Just like last year, you can apply to up to seven schools, so be thorough. The more schools you apply to, the more likely you are to get one of your top choices.
The deadline is Friday, December 4, at 5:30 p.m. but applications are not first come, first served. EVERY application is treated the same way.
This year, Selection Day is on January 15.
Have questions about the Optional Schools Application? There are a few easy ways for you to get answers.
- Call the Metro Schools Customer Service Center at 615-259-INFO (4636), email CustomerService@mnps.org or visit in person at 2601 Bransford Avenue.
- Join us for Q&A sessions on Facebook and Twitter from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. every Thursday in October and November.
- Check our MNPS.org for easy to follow instructions and a detailed set of frequently asked questions.
2016-2017 Optional Schools Application Process
Families should explore all the options available to them before applying.
School information is available online, but in-person visits are strongly encouraged. All schools are open for tours Walk-Through Tuesdays on November 10, November 17 and December 1. Tours at other times can be scheduled on an individual basis.
Tips and Resources
- Make Informed School Choices with NashvilleSchoolFinder.org
- View Achievement Data for All Schools
- Apply: Optional School Application Process
- Five things to look for when choosing a middle school
- Learn about the Academies of Nashville on their blog and on YouTube.
Call (615) 259-INFO (4636) or by email CustomerService@mnps.org for any questions regarding the School Choice process or application.
Posted on October 27, 2015, in District, News, Parents, Schools, Students, Tips & Help and tagged advanced academics, advanced placement, arts education, metro nashville public schools, nashville, optional schools application period, school choice, STEM. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.