Back to School Central 2015
The first day of school in Metro Nashville Public Schools is Wednesday, August 5. You read that right. We’re just a few days away from school bells and big yellow buses.
This page is your headquarters for everything you need to go back to school. You can find links to all of the important information you need, including enrollment, immunizations, school bus routes and more. We will also be collecting your questions and posting the answers from now until August 5.
Get started today, because #MNPSDay1 will be here before you know it!
We will update this page regularly with new posts and information, so come back often.
The Metro Schools Customer Service Center is open to answer your questions.
Call (615) 259-INFO (4636)
Visit 2601 Bransford Avenue, 37204
Important Back to School Articles and Posts
- Five things you need to know before the first day of school
- Five MORE things you need to know before the first day of school
- What’s new for students in 2015-16?
- Four Metro schools are changing their schedules this year
Important Back to School Links
- Metro Schools Enrollment Guide
- Metro Schools Customer Service Center or call 259-INFO (4636)
- New Principals for 2015-16
- Required Immunizations for Pre-K, Kindergarten and 7th Grade
- Find Your School Zone
- Find Your Bus Stop (to be updated with new routes soon)
- Check Your Optional Schools / Wait List Status
- 2015-16 District Calendar
Back to School Flyers You Can Download
- 10 Things You Need to Know About the First Day of School
Important Back to School Events
- First Day of School (half-day) – August 5
- No School / Election Day / Teacher Planning Day – August 6
- Full Day of School for Grades 1-12 – August 7
- Tennessee Sales Tax Holiday – August 7-9
- Full Day of School for All Students – August 10
Important Back to School Articles and Posts from 2013 (that are still relevant)
- 5 ways to prepare for the new school year (from 2013)
- 9 tips to eliminate back to school stress (from 2013)
- 7 ways to make the first day of kindergarten a little easier (from 2013)
- 13 steps parents can take for middle school success (from 2013)
- What to expect in middle school (from 2013)
- Is my fifth grader ready for middle school? (from 2013)
Posted on July 13, 2015, in District, News, Parents, Schools, Students, Tips & Help and tagged back to school, back to school central 2015, district, news, parents, schools, students, tips and help. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.