Back to School Central 2014
The first day of school in Metro Nashville Public Schools is Wednesday, August 6. You read that right. We’re just a few days away from school bells, new school supplies and big yellow buses.
This page is your headquarters for everything you need to go back to school. You can find links to all of the important information you need, including enrollment, immunizations, school bus routes and more. We will also be collecting your questions and posting the answers from now until August 6.
Get started today, because #MNPSDay1 will be here before you know it!
We will update this page regularly with new posts and information, so come back often.
Important Back to School Articles and Posts
- What you need to know for the first day of school – Part 1
- What you need to know for the first day of school – Part 2
- What’s new in the new year for families?
- What’s new in the new year for students?
- What’s new in the new year for schools?
- Five Metro schools change schedules for 2014-15
- All Metro high school students will ride MTA for free
Important Back to School Links
- Metro Schools Enrollment Guide
- Metro Schools Customer Service Center – 259-INFO (4636)
- New Principals for 2014-15
- Required Immunizations for Pre-K, Kindergarten and 7th Grade
- Find Your School Zone
- Find Your Bus Stop (to be updated with new routes soon)
- Check Your Optional Schools / Wait List Status
- Standard School Attire / Dress Codes
- 2014-15 District Calendar
- What is Common Core?
Important Back to School Events
- Facebook and Twitter Q&As – Wednesdays and Fridays in July
We’ll take your questions on Twitter and Facebook anytime, but on Wednesdays and Fridays at noon we’ll be holding full Q&A sessions with representatives from Customer Service. Ask any question you have about the start of school, and we will answer it. Join us on facebook.com/MetroSchools and twitter.com/MetroSchools for more.
- First Day of School (half-day) – August 6
- No School / Election Day / Teacher Planning Day – August 7
- Full Day of School for Grades 1-12 – August 8
- Full Day of School for All Students – August 11
Important Back to School Articles and Posts from 2013 (that are still relevant)
- 5 ways to prepare for the new school year (from 2013)
- 9 tips to eliminate back to school stress (from 2013)
- 7 ways to make the first day of kindergarten a little easier (from 2013)
- 13 steps parents can take for middle school success (from 2013)
- What to expect in middle school (from 2013)
- Is my fifth grader ready for middle school? (from 2013)
Posted on July 9, 2014, in District, News, Parents, Schools, Students, Tips & Help, Uncategorized and tagged back to school central, district, news, parents, schools, students, tips and help. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.