Celebrate 12 Reward Schools in Nashville
That’s an entirely appropriate reaction to the news of the day: 12 Metro schools are newly named Tennessee Reward Schools for 2012-13!
Reward Schools are those in the top 5% of schools in the state for performance and the 5% of schools in the state for progress.
Our Reward Schools are:
- Glendale Elementary – Performance
- Lockeland Elementary – Performance & Progress
- Percy Priest Elementary – Performance
- Head Middle Magnet – Progress
- Margaret Allen Middle – Progress
- Meigs Middle Magnet – Performance
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Magnet – Performance
- Hume-Fogg Magnet High – Performance
- KIPP Academy Nashville – Progress
- Liberty Collegiate Academy – Progress
- Nashville Prep – Progress
- STEM Prep Academy – Progress
With eight traditional schools and four charter schools, it’s a good mix of success stories here in Nashville.
Of particular note:
- Lockeland Elementary is a Reward School in BOTH possible categories
- Margaret Allen Middle is an Innovation Cluster school, meaning it has been in turn-around for two years. Since 2011, Margaret Allen increased the number of students proficient or advanced in math nearly three-fold (from 16% to 45.9%)!
Visit the State website to see a complete list of Reward Schools across Tennessee.
Posted on August 19, 2013, in District, News, Schools and tagged charter schools, elementary schools, glendale, head, high schools, hume-fogg, kipp, liberty collegiate, lockeland, magnet schools, margaret allen, meigs, middle schools, mlk, nashville prep, percy priest, reward schools, stem prep, tennessee department of education. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.