Welcome members of the 2013 Teacher Leadership Institute
We’re proud to introduce our latest group of great teachers in the Teacher Leadership Institute (TLI). The are all third year teachers, and they come from all over Nashville – Joelton to Antioch, Old Hickory to Green Hills and Bellevue to Bordeaux. They are effective. They are collegial. They demonstrate the district’s standards for leadership.
These teachers will complete a year-long training program and stay in the classroom to teach full time. The idea behind it all is to give these teachers the knowledge and skills to guide great teaching in their schools. What they learn in TLI will help them and their colleagues, ultimately enhancing the lives of their students.
We believe teachers shouldn’t have to leave the classroom to be leaders. TLI gives teachers the tools they need to create platforms for continuous school improvement, no matter what their position in the district. Past TLI members can be found all over Nashville making a difference in students’ lives.
Through TLI, they will work through:
- setting a clear and compelling direction
- shaping a culture for learning
- leading and managing change
- transforming teaching and learning
- managing accountability systems
Now in its third year, TLI shows just how serious we are about building great teacher leaders and maintaining a leadership pipeline for them to thrive.
Congratulations to the 2013 TLI Cohort!
- Cornelius Allen – Antioch Middle
- Amy Bagget – Glencliff Elementary
- Kate Bentley – Joelton Elementary
- Karen Dorris – Bailey STEM Magnet Middle
- Tracy Gatlin – Norman Binkley Elementary
- Jessica Greene – The Academy at Hickory Hollow
- Anna Marie Hoskins – I.T. Creswell Arts Magnet Middle
- Jazmin Johnson – H.G. Hill Middle
- Rachael Johnson – Pearl-Cohn Entertainment Magnet High
- Hannah Kasperson – DuPont Hadley Middle
- Shamika King – Tulip Grove Elementary
- Beth Krabbe – Haywood Elementary
- Rebekah Law – Apollo Middle
- Kristin Mast – Cole Elementary
- Mackenzie McMahan – Shayne Elementary
- Denecca Moore – Hunters Lane High
- Jenna Noonan – Paragon Mills Elementary
- Carolyn Peters – Henry Maxwell Elementary
- Melissa Rollston – Haywood Elementary
- Jeanne Taylor – Margaret Allen Middle
- Jeremy Wells – Haywood Elementary
- Michelle Williams – Antioch Middle
- Maxine Woodhouse – Chadwell Elementary & Gateway Elementary
- Holly Ann Zaher – Hillsboro High
- Maggie Vossler – Hillsboro High
Posted on April 18, 2013, in District, Educators, News and tagged educators, elementary schools, high schools, metro nashville public schools, middle schools, news, teacher leadership institute. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.