Young musicians making headlines in Nashville
These are a few highlights from the world of music education in Nashville this month.
Croft Middle School Orchestra Performs at TMEA
Croft Middle Design Center Orchestra will be featured in a performance at the upcoming 2013 Tennessee Music Educators (TMEA) Conference on April 11 in Chattanooga. Congratulations to Mrs. Juana Grandberry, Principal, and Mrs. Anna Maria Andrews-Miller, String and Orchestra Director, on being selected for the prestigious event. A commissioned work by Larry Clark will be premiered by the orchestra, with the performance dedicated in honor of Rob and Carol Crittenden and their unfailing commitment and dedication to music education. Support for the commission was made possible by the parents of the Croft Middle Design Center Orchestra, Dr. Nola Jones, and Music Makes Us.
Middle School Honor Band to Perform
Metro Middle School Honor Band will be held at Tennessee State University on May 13 and 14. Guest clinicians are Dr. Andrew Poor and Ms. Lois Wiggins. The concert will be held the music building at TSU on May 14 at 6:00 p.m.
Concert Performance Assessment
Congratulations to all MNPS band, choir and orchestra participants in the recent large group performance assessments. Special congratulations to the following groups for achieving all superior ratings:
- Meigs Intermediate Band, Franklin Norris
- Two Rivers 7th & 8th Grade Advanced Band, Rebecca Tatarsky
- Meigs Symphonic Band, Franklin Norris
- Hillwood Concert Band, Jacob Maurer
- John Overton Symphonic Band, Debbie Burton and Laura Boucher
- Oliver Symphonic Band, Katie Harrah and Susan Waters
- Meigs Wind Ensemble, Franklin Norris
- Antioch High Symphonic Band, Scott Miller and Caryn Miller
- Hillwood Wind Ensemble, Jacob Maurer
- McGavock Symphonic Band, Jeff Beckman, David Hazlett & Jacob Campos
- Oliver Wind Ensemble, Susan Waters and Katie Harrah
- Hume – Fogg Symphonic Band, Rich Ripani
- Martin Luther King & Hume-Fogg Orchestra, Sally McFadden
- Antioch High Wind Ensemble, Scott Miller and Caryn Miller
- Hume-Fogg Wind Ensemble, Rich Ripani
- McGavock Wind Ensemble, Jeff Beckman, David Hazlett & Jacob Campos
Summer Camp Registrations are open!
- Summer Band Camp
June 3 – 14
West End Middle School
- Orchestra Camp
June 3 – June 13
Croft Middle Design Center
- Art al Sol
Session I: June 10 – 14
Session II: June 17 – 21
Session III: June 24 – 28
Hillsboro High School
For more information, click here.
Posted on April 3, 2013, in News, Schools, Students and tagged arts, awards, elementary schools, high schools, metro nashville public schools, middle schools, music, music makes us, news, schools, students, summer camp. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.